Dokładna formuła nigdy nie została podana. W dokumentacji można znaleźć jedynie, że:
The way of map winning score calculation was changed. Now it is harder to get higher ranks.
- The map difficulty (which is set by the map creator) now gives additional points: from 0 (easy) to 40 (impossible). Building the grail and defeating all enemies give only 5 points each (instead of 25 in SoD).
All random maps have normal difficulty, so the maximum possible score on them is 440 (430 without the grail) (counting x2 on 200% difficulty).
- The day count penalty was changed. The minimum day count is now calculated depending on map size and the number of capturable towns. Victory within this number of days is considered perfect and gets no penalty. Each day after this adds 2 points to the penalty up to 50 points (x2 on 200%). Original game penalty is also used (but its effect is much less).
- The number of towns only influences the maximum game length without penalty. For example, if you've captured only 50% of the towns by the end of the game, then the map size is considered to be 2 times less. So the penalty starts earlier. On small map sizes the penalty may start from the first day. In this case, a score of 500 is impossible (but it's impossible on all maps except ones with "impossible" difficulty anyway).
- 500 is now Azure Dragon rank. Archangel now requires a lower score.
- In general, to get a higher score you should do the same things as before: win as soon as possible, and capture as many towns as possible. The grail also gives a bonus. But now it is much harder to get the highest ranks.